- Get Plenty of Sleep
- Aim for at least 8-hours a night.
- Reduce Fast-food intake
- Not only will your health increase so will your bank account.
- Most people eat so fast that they outrun the signal from the brain that lets you know you are full. This causes extreme overeating, calorie intake and fat storage.
- Listen to your body’s signals.
- Eat Fish
- Fish have no legs and are therefore the healthiest of protein choices.
- Fish provides very lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which improve brain function, sex cell formation, mood enhancement and heart health.
- Trade Saturated fats for Monounsaturated fats
- While saturated fats clog arteries by increasing bad cholesterol (LDL), monounsaturated fats help clear clogged arteries by increasing good cholesterol (HDL) and reducing bad cholesterol (LDL).
- Monounsaturated fats are liquid at room temperature and readily found in nuts, seeds, and oils (especially olive).
Spin Classes are a great way to stay in shape and help build a strong heart and a sleek physique. La Jolla Sports Club offers a wide variety of these spin classes with instructors to mee your every need. Work up a good sweat with this indoor cycling program. It’s a great activity for all skill and fitness levels. Beginning and advanced cyclists can ride side by side in a non-competitive environment.
- Spinning: Indoor-cycling program using every aspect of high-performance racing bicycle designed by Schwinn that’s fully adjustable and stationary.
- Structure & Spinning: Indoor cycling class using every aspect of high-performance racing bicycle in a master class setting. This workout is designed to enhance your cycling through a charted and timed workout.
- Spin & Sculpt: A combination of resistance and cardiovascular workout, alternating intervals between the bike and strength moves, using hand weights and body bars.