Spin classes are a great way to get in a vigorous workout — burning calories and keeping your muscles in shape — especially during the off-season. If you love exercising on a bike and being pushed by other spin-enthusiasts including a La Jolla Health Fitness Trainer, this could be a satisfying alternative to your normal routine.
- An effective workout
- Allows you to train in the off-season if you are a serious cyclist
- Varied routines keep things fresh
- Great for all ability levels
- You’re not outside and lose that relaxing aspect of a bike ride
- Classes can become monotonous
- If you don’t like exercising with others, you will not enjoy being surrounded by people in one room
Spin classes are done in a La Jolla Health Fitness Center Gym fitness studio, with various light and music settings to create an energized atmosphere. Instructors guide participants through workout phases. Warm-up, steady up-tempo cadences, sprints, climbs, cool-downs, etc. You control resistance on your bike to make the pedaling as easy or difficult as you choose. Constantly adjusting your resistance is normal. All you’ll need is normal workout clothes, a towel and a water bottle. Check it out!