Peanut butter cup pounds be damned, this La Jolla Sports Club Personal-Trainer-inspired workout will scare off some of those unwanted pounds.
‘But this Snickers is bite-sized!’ ‘It’s candy corn, so it must be healthy!’ ‘Raisins?!! Who gives out raisins for Halloween?!!! Come on, kids, we’re egging his house.’
Hey, we’re not judging (except maybe egging someone’s house as an adult), we’ve all been there. One little bite here, a couple handfuls there, sneaking some of the candy that you’ve hidden from your kids; those things add up. And while it is the season of comfort food, we’ve got a long way to go until March, so if you want to offset some of those empty calories, this La Jolla Sports Club Personal Trainer-inspired Halloween workout will help scare off the pounds.
We asked La Jolla Sports Club Personal Trainer, Kevin Root, to come up with a heart-pumping, muscle-burning, metabolism-boosting workout that you can knock out in less than an hour. Sadly for you, he delivered. If you have questions, feel free to ask Kevin or any of the other trainers for advice, because… ‘Good form, or no form.’
A few notes from Kevin before we get started:
- GOOD FORM, OR NO FORM
- Each a/b exercises are a combo to be done back-to-back, so complete 1a / 1b before moving on to 2a / 2b, etc.
- 10 exercises at 1min apiece + transition and rest = one circuit in approx 15-20mins
- Three circuits = 45-60mins and a killer workout
- Drink plenty of water (always, but especially after a workout like this; aim for at least 2 liters every day)
- Listen to your body—if you experience pain, seek out a trainer
That’s it for this scary workout, look forward to La Jolla Sports Club Personal Trainer Neil Minella and his workout in the next post.
Until then, have a great couple of weeks!
// Your friends at La Jolla Sports Club