Summer is just around the corner and that same question always pops up…How can I get my mid-section in top shape? Balance these four simple steps into your daily routine and you will be seeing the results you want!
- Nutrition: When it comes to carbohydrates opt for a sensible amount of high quality carbs. (example 45-65% of total calories.) Slowly add more fiber to your diet over the course of a month. Drink a lot of low or no calorie drinks. Watch the sodium. And eat light at night.
- Cardio: Burn some extra calories by adding 20-30 minutes of cardio 3 to 4 times a week at a challenging pace. For those who are already doing that, kick it up to 45 minutes or 4-6 times a week.
- Weight Training: Weight training at least 4 to 5 times a week will help burn fat and increase lean muscle mass which increases your resting metabolic rate. You will then be burning more calories throughout the day!
And last but not least….
- REST!: Sleep loss appears to do two things: makes you feel hungry even when you are full, and increases fat storage.
- Get ready to hit the beach!!
Summer is almost here and having a body you can feel confident in is a great way to kick-off! At La Jolla Sports Club they know the secrets to getting a great body fast! Conditioning your abs helps this process move along quickly!
Conditioning Classes at La Jolla Sports Club Include: