Our members spoke and we listened… The space that was dedicated and permitted for a Spin Studio was collectively not large enough to harbor our 40 member and over spin classes. We also found that paying for a reserved spot or bike was not something that excited our member base. If you couple that with decreased floor space from our new expansion area and the fact that the studio would be dormant for at least 70% of our clubs business hours; we all felt that it was a better use of our CAPEX to upgrade Studio 1. We have already purchased 51 bikes from Matrix and they are waiting for us to complete the renovation. Having said that; here is what we are looking for as far as a time line:
- We have been working feverishly on getting quotes on the flooring in the Studio and we will be scheduling this as soon as possible. We will have to shut down the large Studio for 2-7 days depending on how we decide to re-do the flooring.
- We are looking to start on the ceiling as soon as we get in the new sound proof tiles as we cannot wait to tear down what is currently there.
- We are getting quotes on a new sound system.
- During this process we will be looking at updating the schedule to feature more of what you love and optimize both studios in terms of space.
- All of our new bikes will be stored inside the studio along the far end and the equipment will be stored outside of the room to create more space.
- The new bikes will be setup and put away by La Jolla Sports Club staff only to ensure longevity. Coupled with our new Kan Ban parts program and Preventative Maintenance program, these bikes should please all of our cycle enthusiasts as well as the novice rider.
The new LED lights are leading us into the 21st century by allowing us to go green and providing us the energy that we need to power through our workouts. We have received a lot of positive feedback about the new lighting and we thank you for your patience while the construction is being done.
Chiltonic Cryotherapy, will be opening in the old Sandwich Club space on November 1st. We will be sending out information on our grand opening, so please come out and try something state of the art. We will be the only club in San Diego County with access to this technology for anti-inflammatory and many other benefits. Pre-sales will begin in the next week so stop in and see Kera or Brett for more details as they unfold.
Again, thank you for being members and we hope you are enjoying all of the upgrades around the club as we aim for continuous improvement thus enhancing your membership experience.
Brett & Kera Murphy