Forget your gym friends. Delete phone numbers from competing family members. Stare down and strike fear into the hearts of your neighbor on the rower. That’s right, it’s time for the #LJSCchallenge!
We’ll be pitting ourselves against fellow La Jolla Sports Club members and fighting to the death wait no, going down in history as the greatest champions ever from La Jolla wait no, entering into the La Jolla Sports Club Hall of Fame wait no, earn some great bragging rights. Yes, LJSCers, you will be earning some great bragging rights. So what do you have to do to earn said rights?
Here’s the #LJSCchallenge (scroll down for photos of our very own La Jolla Sports Club Personal Trainer, Neil Minella, rocking the moves):
- Time it takes to row 500m + time it takes to do 20 burpees + time you can hold your body weight in dumbbells = Your total time
- For instance, add your time to row 500m (2mins 12sec), do 20 burpees (50sec) and complete the dumbbell hold (47sec) to get a total of 3mins and 49sec
- Note: Do these exercises as close to back-to-back as possible
- We’ll award prizes for the top performers in both the Women’s and Men’s categories
- Be sure to tag yourself and La Jolla Sports Club on Instagram (@lajollasportsclub) for bragging rights–a small prize will be awarded for most #LJSCchallenge tags
- Competition ends April 30, 2018
- Safety first! Grab any La Jolla Sports Club Personal Trainer with questions on form or help lifting dumbbells!
Rowing – 500 meters
Burpees – 20, with a clap behind your head
Hold your body weight in dumbbells
That’s it for this #LJSCchallenge, but if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to grab one of your Personal Trainers. Until next month, good luck and keep chasing that time!
// Your La Jolla Sports Club team